Last updated on: August 8th, 2019
: you can now make a button trigger the search layover without having to type in a query first (by specifying the button's CSS selector).
: enables lazy image loading (they load progressively as you scroll down the search results) which makes your search faster and up to 6 times less data heavy (by default: true).
: replaces the 'more results' button and is available only when only one content group is retrieved or if the navigation is tabbed (by default: false).
: tells the search engine not to render results with missing or 404 images (by default: false).
: we've added a new search result layout type -
. The column count can be dynamically defined via
. Here's an example. The default layout is still a
: displays the search result image above the title. It is only accepted for 'grid' and 'masonry' layouts (by default: false).
: you can now define what data points not to show, or where to force only one entry. It should be an array of data point names, e.g.
: we've added a new 'skeleton' loader type that replaces the 'pulsing circle' and the 'flipping square', it's enabled by default. Here's an example.
- Disabling special mobile suggestion layer by default (can be re-enabled manually). To see it in action, test it on a mobile device or resize your browser window to approx. 600px.
- Changing the default suggestion layout and behavior on mobile devices
- Many small UX improvements
- NOTE: If you're still using v10 or older plugin versions, please refer to this v11 migration guide first.
- To upgrade from v11 to v12 you'd need to replace this script:
by these 2 lines of code:
<script src="https://cdn.sitesearch360.com/sitesearch360-v11.min.js" async></script>
<script type="module" src="https://cdn.sitesearch360.com/sitesearch360-v12.mjs"></script> <script nomodule src="https://cdn.sitesearch360.com/sitesearch360-v12.min.js" async></script>
- Enhanced tracking
- Tabbed navigation
- Voice Search (Chrome only)
- Smart 404 pages
- Grid layout out of the box
- Disabling cookies (take that GDPR)
- Semantically structured configuration object
- Search result count now depends on the number of results available to the user in the current context
- Search results are progressively loaded resulting in even shorter loading times (depending on your page size) and a more compact DOM structure
- Search result count in navigation can be disabled by
- Redirect on single search result option by
- Boosting Accessibility: Section 509, WCAG 2.0, Google Lighthouse - our search has since been chosen by the accessibility developer guide
- Improvements for mobile devices
- Global endpoints: performance improvements due to the global distribution. Your users are now always redirected to the closest server.
- Completely removed jQuery, no more dependencies
- Full screen search style
- Style can be configured within ss360 config, not only CSS
- Behaves like Windows 9 and iPhone 9, i.e. it never existed :)
- Many style changes
- Darkened background for layover
- Search suggestions can contain HTML
- Integration with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Focus and blur callbacks
- Easier redirects to search pages via configuration
- Showing or hiding links in search results
- Ignoring and renaming the "other" content group
- Showing "did you mean" for spelling correction
- Top or side navigation
- Sorting options based on data points, e.g. date or relevance
- Initial Public Release